15 Inspirational Quotes for Chronic Pain Warriors
Here at To Better DaysTM we are interested in all things Chronic Pain and Vitamin D. We are committed to continually researching these topics as well as publishing content that can be of interest to those experiencing prolonged discomfort.
Let’s face it: we all have down days. When you live with chronic pain, there are mornings when it feels like a Herculean effort just to get out of bed; sometimes all you want – and all your body needs – is a good old duvet day.
If you’re having one of those days, we understand you – and we’re here for you. We’ve compiled a selection of chronic pain quotes chocked full of positivity to give you a lift when you most need it.
Dealing with Chronic Pain Quotes
Our list features the words of great thinkers, inspirational speakers and well-loved characters. Read on for some uplifting quotes that may well give you the dose of positivity you need to face the day!
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” – Helen Heller
- “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
- “Life is tough, my darling, but so are you.” – Stephanie Bennett-Henry
- “Fairytales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist; but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” – GK Chesterton, quoted in Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.” – Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying ‘I will try again tomorrow’.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Just because your version of normal isn’t the same as someone else’s version doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with you.” – John Boyne, The Terrible Thing That Happened to Barnaby Brocket
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
- “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.“ – Charlie Chaplin
- “You can’t go through life allowing pain to dictate how you behave. It’s easy to sit here in your bedroom and wallow in your hurt feelings. It’s hard to rise above it.” – Adam Braverman, Parenthood
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt, This is My Story
- “‘What day is it?’, asked Winnie the Pooh.
‘It’s today,’ squeaked Piglet.
‘My favourite day,’ said Pooh.” – A. A. Milne, Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Power of Positive Thinking for Those with Chronic Pain
Let’s be real: while the pen may be mightier than the sword, words aren’t going to take your pain away. (Although if you do happen to be looking for a way to manage your chronic pain, we have something that might help…)
However, science backs the power of positive thinking. When you face challenges in life, there is a mental, emotional and physical benefit to thinking positively. A positive mental attitude may include:
- looking for favourable outcomes
- breaking down challenging issues into manageable chunks that are more easily overcome
- allowing yourself to feel positive emotions such as joy, wonder, interest and pride
For a regular dose of positivity, insights into managing chronic pain and support from a community that understands what you are going through, join To Better Days on Facebook. We look forward to hearing from you!